Tuesday, June 23, 2009

My New Purchase!

On Saturday I went with my family to Walnut, IA for their annual Antique Flea Market. The whole town becomes a giant Antique store, with every street filled with vendors (and LOTS of people). I had told Shaun I was going to come home with some piece of antique furniture- and I did! I don't know if that would be the case if he would have been there with me. He wasn't all too thrilled about spending the money I did on it. (He thinks that money could of been spent on something more worthwhile- like toy tractors or combines!) Anyways, here's a picture of the new furniture. It's still in Topeka, waiting to be sanded and repainted.

So I need your help, it was originally painted gray, but I kind of like the cream color on it right now. What color do you think it should be painted? It will be going in my dining room, where one wall is sage green and the other wall is like a toffee brown.

2 comments:

Lynda said...

I love it! I think you should keep it the color it is, it will look great in your dining room. Are you going to keep the flour chutes or whatever they are called?

Shaun & Kaitlen Ortman said...

Yep, we're going to clean them up a little, but they are going to stay where they are. There's also spice jars to go on the spinning thing in the middle. These of course will not be in use, b/c it would be very difficult to go to the dining room every time I needed flour and sugar!