
Last weekend, when we were up visiting Grandpa Bert at Memorial Home, we (Janet & I) decided that Bert needed a Shadow Box outside his room. We have seen Keith Koller's shadow box outside of his room and thought it was such a great idea. Well, Bert's 86th birthday is this weekend, so it was the perfect time to get this completed. We suggested to Shaun that he should make a shadow box from old barn wood instead of us driving to Hobby Lobby in Hutchinson or Wichita (in the long run, it would save him money, if you know what I mean). So I was very surprised when I came home Monday and Shaun had this made (especially since I only had to ask him one time!) So tonight, I went over to Janet's to put this thing together. We searched through the old photos she had and through all the farm toys to find just the right stuff. We included the animals they use to have on the farm... cows, pigs, chickens, sheep, and geese/ducks. The M&M tractor came from Bert (Shaun had found it when cleaning out their garage) and the windmill was one I had in our basement for decoration. Of course, we had to include Bert & Clara-look-alike figurines. All in all, I'm very happy with the shadow box. Now what should I do with mine?????
1 comment:
That is an awesome gift! It's great how you all worked together to complete it. I didn't know you were a woodworker, Shaun. Kaitlen, your creative continues to impress me --- I need some of that!
Post a Comment