Monday, September 22, 2008

FALL is here!

Fall is here and we are finding ourselves busier than we have been the last couple of weeks. Shaun and Dale started harvesting milo last week and are continuing this week. They are anticipating cutting some soybeans later in the week and are trying to put anhydrase (sp?) on the wheat ground as well. Shaun thought they might start planting wheat next week, so hopefully they can get the fall crops that are ready cut before then.

This last weekend we went to Topeka, to celebrate Shaun & Alan's birthdays with my family. My family tries to get together for everyone's birthdays, so it was good to see everyone. Kristen had everyone over, and I don't know if you could have fit another person in there. While I missed the Hillsboro Arts & Crafts fair once again this year, I was able to go to Cider Days in Topeka, which is also a craft show. There were some really neat decorations there this year. I also went to the Topeka Library Book Sale, which is a fundraiser for the library. I came home with a cart full of books. You can't beat hard-back books for 50 cents a piece. My students enjoyed looking through all of the new books today.

School is going well and we are looking forward to our first field trip on Wednesday. We are going to the FFA Day on the Farm at the highschool. I spent awhile this evening at school trying to get organized for the week. I usually try to go in on the weekends a little, but since we were in Topeka, I was not able to do so.

I hope you all have a great week!

No comments: