We've been enjoying the cool fall weather we've been having lately, but wonder if it is going to be a long winter and we'll be wishing for some of that warm Kansas summer weather. The last two days we have received rain, rain and more rain. It rained off and on on Friday (enough to cause us to have indoor recess) and all day on Saturday. My parents and grandparents came down on Friday night to go to the State Fair on Saturday. My mom and grandma had decided not to go and with the rain, I ended up deciding to go shopping with them instead of spending my day outside in the rain. I think the guys had more fun without us anyway!
While my dad was down, he and Shaun measured for windows (upstairs), metal roofing and siding for the house. We have been wanting to finish off the windows in the house, and make the house more energy-efficient. Shaun is also wanting to close off some of the windows, so that means we have to replace the siding. We have been needing a new roof, so why not do it all at the same time. Not sure when we (or Shaun) are going to find time to do all of this with fall harvest right around the corner.
As if we aren't planning on spending enough money on these updates, we discovered last Friday that we have termites in the basement!!! I have been questioning this for about 2 years now- but what do I know, I'm only a girl. Shaun has not bothered to check it out until I said what are these white bugs crawling in the crack and my dad and grandpa said they think they are termites. So Shaun has to make a call to some exterminators this week and get this taken care of. Maybe they can take care of our mice problem while they are here, or at least tell us where they are coming in at. Maybe we are looking at building a new house sooner rather than later!!!!
I hope this week doesn't give us as many surprises as last week...
Gate Vs Globe Valve
2 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment