Sunday, July 6, 2008

An Update from the Ortman's




We went to Topeka this weekend to celebrate the 4th and spend time with family before going on vacation at the end of this week. We went to some friends' house on Friday for our annual family/friend party. We had a good time with everyone and enjoyed watching the firework show my dad's boss, Adam, put on. The fireworks were beautiful and this video does not even do them justice. We also had an AWESOME smoked pig to eat... YUM!!!! We got the menu for our jeeping trip to Colorado planned, which is always a bonus.

We were able to go to church at TBC this morning, and enjoyed getting to see everyone. I miss you LOTS!!! Instead of staying and driving back after church tonight, we went ahead and came home so Shaun could get started on "revamping" our trailor so it can haul our jeep and two fourwheelers. He has a busy week ahead of him, trying to get planting and spraying done so we can go to Colorado. Where's the "easy button" Walgreens is always talking about???

I came home and decided to clean out the cats' barn. The kittens all have gunky eyes and I'm hoping this will help a little. I've been trying to clean out their eyes with a rag and have been putting eye drops in their eyes from the last round of sickness among the cats. Probably shouldn't be giving them to that young of kittens, but it's better than Shaun's idea of doctoring... One of our kittens, Cookie, is not doing so well and I don't think he'll make it. The two gray cats are the runts and they just look so unhealthy. As I was cleaning out the old straw in the barn, the other 4 kittens were very nosey and curious. I came to the realization last week that we went from 4 cats to 12 cats in a matter of a couple weeks. Yikes!

1 comment:

Huxman Family said...

Wow, what a weekend. Sounds like you had a great time. Miss seeing you guys. We kind of have a crazy week ahead but we'd like to get together at some point before you leave for your 2 week vacation. I don't know what might work, but we'll see.