Tuesday, July 1, 2008

The End of Harvest

The last truck load of grain will be leaving our house shortly and we can then say that harvest is "officially" over! A little over a week of cutting and I think we're all glad we made it through without any major problems. I have enjoyed my first full harvest this year; I was only around for a day or two last summer due to my summer class. They did end up getting me to drive a tractor across the field yesterday and I drove the jeep home tonight. Now if they can only get the fall crops planted before we go on vacation!!!

Another highlight of my day is that my classroom is getting new carpet! I am very excited, especially since the old carpet is extremely faded and has little waves in it. So I'm hoping they get it replaced this week so I can actually spend some time in there. I still have some more sorting and organizing to do and then I can get down to the fun part, setting up my classroom.

Kristen made me aware that "normal people," or those without blogs, couldn't post comments on our blog, so I got that figured out and now you can leave your comments.

2 comments:

Huxman Family said...

How did you get that figured out? I want to do the same to help others out.

Shaun & Kaitlen Ortman said...

Sign in, go to customize, click settings, click comments, and find the right option...