Well, since Becky tagged me, I guess give this a try...
20 years ago..... I was 2 1/2 years old and I have no idea what I was up to. I'm sure I, along with my twin sister, was driving our parents and older brother nuts! I was probably still bald and using a pacifier, as I can tell from pictures. (I definitely think they should have taken that "stinky binky" away from me before then, but I can't go back and change history. They probably gave it to me to make me be quiet.) We would have just gotten back from our trip to Colorado. That's all I can tell you.
10 years ago... I was 12 1/2 years old and not looking forward to middle school! I was going into the 7th grade (and now I think about the fact that Shaun graduated from highschool 2 years prior to this year- YIKES!!!) I was spending my summer swimming and playing with my border collie, Oreo. We would have just gotten back from Colorado (it's an every other year thing). I loved helping with the babies and toddlers at church.
5 years ago... I was 17 1/2 and getting geared up for my senior year of highschool. I was working as an assistant in the toddler-one room at HOL and loved it. I was definitely spoiling those kids rotten and having fun with them (like playing in mud, going on field trips, etc.) I was very active in the H2O youth group and loved hanging out with all of my friends. It was definitely a fun time!
3 years ago... I had just completed my freshman year of college and NOT looking forward to 3 more years! It did get better I have to admit. I was still working at HOL and participating in H2O activities. It would be later this year that I would start dating Shaun after our annual jeeping trip to Cassville, MO.
1 year ago... I just got back from our honeymoon and had been married 2 1/2 weeks and had semi-moved to Moundridge. I had another semester of classes in Topeka and ended up staying in Topeka during the week and driving back to Moundridge on the weekends. I was so tired of living out of a suitcase at this point. I was hoping and praying that I would get my student teaching assignment at Hesston, which thankfully happened. I was loving married life, but knew reality of school and work would soon set in...
So far this year... I completed my student teaching experience, graduated from college, was hired as the new 1st grade teacher at Moundridge, began cleaning out my classroom, spent two weeks in Colorado, and lots more! Oh, and Shaun and I just celebrated our 1st anniversary. It's been a busy year!!!
Yesterday... I spent my day cleaning the house (trying to catch up from being gone for 2 weeks), doing dishes (lots and LOTS of them), and went to McPherson with my hubby and in-laws. I gave Wal-mart some more money (which I absolutely HATE, but they have such good sales on school stuff) and ate at Pizza Hut.
Tomorrow... I will go back to school and work on some more bulletin boards and go through some more things. I will wish my carpet was in my room so I could start arranging and putting it back together. I will try not to think about this carpet issue, and enjoy my last few unstressful days, before having to frantically pull together a classroom from chaos! I will go with Shaun to his grandma's and who knows what else!
Next year... I will be preparing for my second year of teaching and enjoying my summer. I can't really say what else the future brings....?
I tag... Molly, DeAnn and Lynda (or if the guys would like to, go ahead).
Gate Vs Globe Valve
2 years ago
3 comments:
Hey, for being a graduate, you need to check your spelling on "gratuated."
This is really cute!
Yeah, thanks for participating! You are sooo young and have been so busy this year. I am excited for you and your new teaching job.
Post a Comment