Wednesday, March 10, 2010

30 or 34 weeks?!?

Could the baby really come a month earlier than expected????? YIKES! I've measured big (4-5 cm larger than my week count) the last couple of doctor visits. The Doc ordered a sonogram to see why. I was borderline (technically flunked) on the glucose test. Numbers are supposed to be under 140 and mine was exactly 140. This could be one reason why I'm measuring big, as gestational diabetes babies are normally bigger. Other reasons could be too much amniotic fluid, more than one baby, or due date being off.

So today we had a sonogram. They ruled out the possibility of 2 babies (thank goodness!) and the tech didn't really say anything about too much amniotic fluid. All of the babies measurements (head, belly, and femur) measured 34 weeks and some number of days. It showed the due date as April 18 and the baby weighing just over 5 pounds.

Still not sure what to think because our sonogram at 6-7 weeks gave us the due date of May 17 and our BabyWaves sonogram was just a couple of days before that and the earlier sonograms are usually the most accurate. I'm supposed to talk to the doctor tomorrow to see what she thinks.

One thing we do know for sure.... she's a GIRL! She was very uncooperative for the sonogram tech as she was trying to get a good pic of her face. We were finally able to make out somewhat of a face but didn't really get any clear pictures. Hope this doesn't mean she is going to be camera shy, because her mommy loves to take pictures!

2 comments:

Alan and Kristen said...

She's going to be just like her cousin. Kinslie hid her face from the sonogram also, and we had to go back in for another so they could see her head.

Becky said...

Hey Kaitlen
Hoping all will go well. Do you think you can be due a month sooner really? Even based on when you last had your period? I flunked the test when I was pregnant with Ella and had to do the three hr too-Lots of needle poking for that one! Hope you make it through the test ok and pass!