Saturday, March 20, 2010

3 hour glucose- YUCK!

Because the baby was measuring big the last time we were at the doctor, she ordered a sonogram, which showed the baby measuring 4 weeks ahead of schedule. Next step was a 3 hour glucose test, which I did yesterday. After drinking 100 grams of orange-flavored sugar water, I had my blood drawn 3 different times (+ the one before drinking the solution). My results came back "normal" with numbers of 137, 115 and 88. So I haven't talked to the doctor yet, but this tells me that the baby isn't measuring big due to gestational diabetes.... hmmmm. Could she really come 4 weeks sooner than we thought?
We have a sonogram scheduled for Thursday this week in Wichita. They are supposed to see what they think of this baby and we should find something out that afternoon. Of course they couldn't do it over spring break!
We went to Shipshewana last Friday and came home Wednesday. It was a good, relaxing trip. That will be our last trip up there without a little tag-a-long. I have a feeling our trips will take a little longer once she arrives!
Here's one of my projects from the week.... pics for the baby's room.



It's back to school on Monday... only 39.5 days of school left!

No comments: