
Do you ever feel like you're running in a hamster's wheel and not getting a thing accomplished? That seems to be how this semester is wrapping up. I spent a LONG 11 hours at school today and all I can really say is that the back table is halfway cleared off and my desk has a few less papers on it. I'm sure I got more accomplished than that, but it really doesn't feel like it. I still have things on my to-do list, but at 6:00 I said "I'm outta here!"
I was so hoping that they would announce at our staff meeting this morning that they were starting Christmas break a day early, but NO.... we will still be in school ALL DAY on the 23rd. (I'm feeling a little hostility towards those of you that get out THIS Friday!!!!!) What can we actually get accomplished when several students will have already started their Christmas Break and not be in school???? We can't really take anything for grades since those students will be gone and not have the opportunity to turn it in before we do grades. I really don't want to start anything new as a week and a half off of school will result in negative retention of information. I'm on my soapbox here and better change the subject or I'm going to be in a really grumpy mood rest of this week.
On the brighter side... Christmas is 8 days away and family will be coming this weekend, I scheduled my sonogram for Monday the 28th and we will hopefully be able to find out what we are having.
If I don't post before Christmas, I hope you have a very MERRY CHRISTMAS!
I was so hoping that they would announce at our staff meeting this morning that they were starting Christmas break a day early, but NO.... we will still be in school ALL DAY on the 23rd. (I'm feeling a little hostility towards those of you that get out THIS Friday!!!!!) What can we actually get accomplished when several students will have already started their Christmas Break and not be in school???? We can't really take anything for grades since those students will be gone and not have the opportunity to turn it in before we do grades. I really don't want to start anything new as a week and a half off of school will result in negative retention of information. I'm on my soapbox here and better change the subject or I'm going to be in a really grumpy mood rest of this week.
On the brighter side... Christmas is 8 days away and family will be coming this weekend, I scheduled my sonogram for Monday the 28th and we will hopefully be able to find out what we are having.
If I don't post before Christmas, I hope you have a very MERRY CHRISTMAS!
1 comment:
we have school until Tuesday this week and I thought we were the only ones going into this week. But you win the prize, I hope it is a half day. Not to rain on your parade, but didn't you start later than we did at the beginning of the year?
Post a Comment