Sunday, October 26, 2008

Fun Times

So, we had a great weekend with Sara & Jason. They drove to KS Thursday after work and got here early Friday morning. Janet & I both took off work on Friday to have a Girls' Day, shopping in Wichita. I debated and debated about taking off and knew that if I didn't I'd be really disappointed while they were shopping on Friday. Afterall, it is one of my favorite hobbies! I really didn't buy much on Friday, but it was good to get out and have a good time with my S-I-L, M-I-L, and G-I-L (sister, mother, and grandma in-laws). Friday night, we were over at Dale & Janet's with some family friends and had a good time chatting and playing the Wii. Saturday we went four-wheeling out at Alice's and the dogs ran for the full 8 miles. We had dinner over at Grandma Ortman's with some of the family. Sara and Jason left early this morning and we headed off to church. I enjoyed cuddling with baby Grant and listening to Andrew make tractor noises during church :).

Other things that have been going on...
  • Shaun bought a new-used diesel truck last week
  • I survived my first parent-teacher conferences and get the pleasure of doing them again on Monday
  • I'm really enjoying our Ladies' Bible Study on Sunday afternoons on the book of Daniel (if you haven't participated in any of Beth Moore's bible studies, I highly encourage you to)
  • I'm hoping that it stays dry this week and the guys can get in the fields, so we can go to jeeping in Cassville at the end of the week. Rain, Rain, STAY AWAY!!!!

Hope you all have a GREAT week!

1 comment:

Becky said...

That is great that you are able to have such fun with your in-laws!