Well, we don't actually live at Lowe's, it just seems like it. With their name plastered all over the second story of our house, what do you expect? As mentioned in my previous post, we got new windows last weekend. My dad came down and helped Shaun put in 6 new windows and we still have one left. We had 10 windows in the upstairs, and Shaun decided to block off one in each room. So we made a deal, if I lost windows, I was getting sheetrock in ALL of the bedrooms! Each room has paneling and I seriously dislike the whole paneling era! Shaun's idea is to just buy a big piece of artwork at a garage sale and cover the old hole... I think not. We also blew in some more insulation into the walls and wrapped the house (hince living in Lowe's), so we are hoping that this will help warm the house up this winter. We are putting new siding on the second story and are planning on re-shingling the roof next month. Hopefully it will all get done.

Picture of our house, minus the old siding

Out come the windows and wasp nests!
I'll post more pictures once the windows are finished and I have my sheetrock :). What else is new? Shaun and Dale are still working in the fields, sowing wheat and getting ready to cut some more fall crops. It's been raining for the last two days and is still raining, so the fields will have to dry out before they can get back out there. I'm working on grade cards and assessing my students this week, as it is the end of the first 9 weeks.
Well that's enough rambling, so hope you have a great week!
No comments:
Post a Comment