Well, the countdown to the start of school is at 13 days and I still do not have carpet in my room. I'm trying to look on the bright side and enjoy my last few days of summer. They started laying the carpet in the office this afternoon and I'm not sure which of the four rooms they will begin on next. I could hope that they will work all weekend long and when I come in on Monday I would have new carpet! I've been in the classroom quite a bit this week, getting the things done that I can actually do, like bulletin boards, looking through materials and copying things. The delay on the laying of the carpet wouldn't be such a bad thing, except that I'm going to be gone half of next week and have to "officially" be back to school on Monday, August 11, for inservices and district meetings. Here are a few pics of my carpetless classroom...
The view from the door
5 comments:
Looks great so far and obviously you are putting a lot of hard work into it.
Also you have learned to label your photos, I still need to learn this trick!
I totally understand your frustration with your lack of carpet in your classroom. I can't get into my room until this wed. because they just now started working in the room. grrr. Your room is big!
I know it is frustrating, but I also know you will be ready to go. You will do awesome and the room will be great!!! Stay positive and enjoy that last vacation before school begins.
Your room looks so good even with the ugly floor! If you need any last minute help next week feel free to call! :)
How exciting! I love seeing all of your pictures...and I love your blog. It's like you never even moved away. :)
Post a Comment